6: Visas and Immigration

Students from Canada

Students from Canada are not required to obtain a student visa to enter the U.S. for studies. However, Canadian students should present the following to the immigration officer upon arrival in the U.S.:

  • I-20 Form issued by UH Hilo
  • Proof of financial support
  • Evidence of Canadian citizenship (passport)
  • SEVIS fee payment receipt

Make sure that you are processed at the border with the proper student designation. Do not enter the U.S. as a tourist!