6: Visas and Immigration

When you have obtained your visa, you are eligible to enter the United States. Bring the following documents with you when you travel to the U.S.:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid student visa (which will be stamped in your passport)
  • 1-20 form (for students on F-1 visas) or DS-2019 form (for students on J-1 visas)
  • Letter of acceptance from UH Hilo
  • Evidence of sufficient financial support
  • Proof of SEVIS fee payment

Do not pack these documents in your checked baggage. Carry them with you in your carry-on bag and keep them with you at all times. These are important documents that you should keep in a safe place.