5: Money and Banking

How to Pay for Off-Campus Housing

Most owners or rental agencies require deposits to reserve an apartment or house.  Typically the deposit is equal to the first month’s rent.  However, different apartments and rental agencies have different payment policies.  Usually the payment can be made by credit/debit card, but some apartments may accept wire transfers from bank to bank.  If you choose to live off campus, you need to communicate directly with the apartment manager or rental agency to determine the payment policy.