5: Money and Banking

If you have Scholarships and/or Financial Aid

Provided that you have sufficient financial aid, send a copy of your financial aid and/or scholarship award letter with the deposit for your housing and meal plan to hold your space to:  UH Hilo Housing Office, 200 W. Kawili Street, Hilo, HI 96720.

What does “Sufficient Financial Aid” mean?

“Sufficient financial aid” means that you have enough aid (grants, scholarships, loans) to cover all of your tuition, fees, housing, and meal plan.

What happens if I don’t have sufficient financial aid?  How do I pay?

There are 4 options:

  1. You can calculate your balance not covered by financial aid and pay the difference.
  2. You can sign up for the Installment Payment Plan.
  3. You can use both financial aid and sign up for the Installment Payment Plan.
  4. You can make the required 20% payment and pay the balance on the deadline provided by the Housing Office.

Please be sure to communicate your intentions on what option you are selecting to the Housing Office.  Requests must be made in writing before the designated housing payment deadlines.  The Housing Office can be contacted at uhhhouse@hawaii.edu or 808-932-7403.