You will get a UH student ID card during Orientation. Your UH ID card will have your photo and UH ID number on it. It is used for the following:
- As your meal card for the cafeterias on campus if you will be on a meal plan
- To borrow books at the UH Hilo Library
- As a “print card” (to print documents in computer labs on campus)
- To enter the Student Life Center recreational facility
- Get discounts on things like bus fare and movie tickets that you might be eligible for
There is a $10 fee to get your UH student ID card. You will need to pay in cash. Bring some form of photo identification with you when you get your ID card, such as your passport. Your first few days at UH Hilo will be truly exciting, but also overwhelming as you get organized and settle in. You will have a lot to do. But don’t worry – you don’t have to do all of this on your own. The International Student Services staff and students and other campus staff will be here to help ease the transition and help you accomplish all the tasks you need to do!